Saturday 9 June 2012

My bumgenius nappies don't smell of wee anymore

This is a quick blog to say that my 'recipe' has changed a little for washing the Bumgenius one size v3.0 nappies now they're back again for a second run. 

In my frugal way, I deviated from the rinse, wash, rinse instructions on their labels and just washed them the first time I used them (with my daughter). Having strip washed them when I finished using them with Abigail, and again, when preparing them for use now with Thomas (aged 8 weeks), they still had a slight odour of urine about them. However, since reading some washing instructions again, particularly, finding out about the limitations of 'eco' washing cycles when washing resusables, I have started doing what the instructions ask for once! We use the required amount of detergent (1/3 usual amount, we've got Bio-D powder), rinse cycle once, then wash at 60 degrees, then rinse again and tumble dry.

They now do not smell of urine. Hurrah. Absorbency seems to be improved as well.

As an aside, I was at first unsure about putting Thomas in the fuschia and powder pink coloured nappies. I don't care now.

Old nappy blogs: please ignore the old instructions!
- BumGenius
- Major bummer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joni Mitchell - A Case of You